Our law firm deals in the matters of business litigation, a means to remedy a situation among private individuals and/ or business entities. We always try and achieve a result that is in the best interest of our clients' needs. Business litigation can be complicated and complex, but we want to outline several terms regarding business litigation that may be useful for you.
- Commercial Law deals with the sale and distribution of goods, the financing of credit transactions and negotiable instruments.
- Most aspects of Commercial Law are governed by the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC), where adopted by the states, and applicable state and federal law.
- The UCC is a uniform law that covers commercial transactions, including the sale of goods, secured transactions and negotiable instruments.
- Most states have adopted all or part of the UCC into their own state statutes.
- Business Law deals with overlapping issues, but also encompasses the forming of business entities (corporations, partnerships, joint ventures and limited liability companies).
- Business Law also generally includes business litigation and advice on such issues as shareholder rights, commercial leasing, consumer protection, mergers and acquisitions, and contracts.
If you or your company is in need of representation in a business litigation matter, please contact one of our attorneys.